Sunday, April 3, 2016

One-Meal, Meal Prep

Today I did not work out. I took today off to get some homework, errands and grocery shopping completed. Considering it is 6:15 p.m. and I have yet to touch some homework, I would say today has been kind to me. CJ made breakfast & I ended up spending the morning watching the Lego movie and addressing our "Just Married" cards for friends and family. I finally ventured out to Target, Costco and Market Street.

I went to Target initially to return some shoes and ending up walking around. I got my command strips for the project in my previous post and a scale. CJ had a scale and told me yesterday that we needed a new one, so I got one. I used it during my meal prep today and it works pretty well! I am a little excited that we can be more accurate when entering in foods to our Fitbits.


I then when to Costco where I stocked up on a TON of fruit and got some other necessities like these sweet containers I got! I love that they are leak proof and plastic. Our current tupperware is sweet and easy but this makes SEEING the food in containers so much better.


I only prepped our salads for tomorrow. I was pretty excited since the new containers have an insert which makes prepping salads a dream! No more soggy lettuce or weird tasting veggies.


I then packed us some fruit for the week and prepped a bunch of other fruit. This weeks fruit is strawberries, bananas, pineapple, apples and grapes! I also got some watermelon but I forgot to prep it, so it will be good for next week!

I wasn't excited about prepping fruit or prepping anything actually. Yesterday I put these two pictures side by side and realize I have lost a little weight by doing the little bit I have been doing. I realized it truly was to get serious. I have been very strict with myself since April 1st for the Whole30 and very proud of how far I have come. Even though I am still craving a brownie sundae with hot fudge.


So, when I got home from the grocery store it was on. However, I forgot to dishes before I went so I packed everything in the fridge first. I did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen. And I mean I CLEANED the kitchen. The cupboards, the stove, the counters, the sink... and now I NEED oven cleaner! CJ asked if it was the fat burner he put me on starting today, but I swear it is just because the house needed a cleaning!! I am just now getting my energy. I didn't feel good earlier and have felt very sleepy. Cleaning and prepping sure got me going though!



So I prepped, watched some T.V. and made dinner. Now I am here writing this and hoping someone finds inspiration from it eventually. I may actually like this blogging thing since this is my second post for today.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a fantastic Monday back to the grind!

XO, Sandra




No comments:

Post a Comment