Saturday, April 30, 2016

Injury Probz.

Probably not the best title, but the best fitting title. Even with the 'z' included.

I haven't felt the need to blog lately, even though I have product reviews to do. I started blogging because I wanted to inspire and motivate people. I started to LOVE running. Not just love but LOVE running. I was getting to all the obstacle course races and waiting for the day I could do a pull-up. And then, then I was bummed out back to eating cheeseburgers and ice cream, watching television.

I need to quit feeling sorry for myself.

But first, let us back up. About 2 weeks ago, I did the Cybex Arc Trainer at the gym. For those of you who don't know what it is, it is pretty low impact elliptical type machine. Later on that day my knee started bothering me. Oddly enough, I put Icy Hot on it, like I usually do. I was getting a lecture from my husband and my boss about how Icy Hot isn't going to help anything. Well, after cardio days I would always use Icy Hot on my knee because to me, it helped. That day, it did not. It just kept getting worse. When I got off work I iced my knee from 6pm to 9pm straight. I was miserable. The next morning, I couldn't even walk to the bathroom. Every time I took a step and bent my knee it was so utterly painful. I made a doctors appointment for 3pm that afternoon. He determined that it could be a lateral meniscus tear. Awesome. Because my husband just had surgery for this back in August on the same knee. We did an x-ray because apparently they won't do an MRI without it. Everything came back clear. I was told to ice it, take anti-inflammatories and not walk.

DON'T WALK???? How does a person just NOT walk? That makes so sense.

I have been good at keeping off it except the days I feel like I am invincible. I have learned on class days that stairs are absolutely miserable. I cannot go down them without determining rolling down them would be less painful. I have my MRI this past Thursday and my knee hasn't hurt as bad today. Except now. I have been studying for a couple of hours and so my knee has been dangling. It is miserable. I also missed out on my prescription because the doctor was out on Friday. Lucky me!

I know I am not supposed to run or walk, but I am missing running and the gym HARD. CJ said we can go back on Monday since I haven't been in as much pain. But I will probably just work out upper body. I am afraid I have gained 3 weeks of hard work back. I have been in my self pity, not wanting to cook, clean or even care for myself. Fried chicken strips, cheeseburgers, chocolate and ice cream have been my best friends. I feel as if since I can't work out, what is the point?

But I am learning that I cannot have that mentality. I need to stay strong and keep up my healthy lifestyle. Why? Because I have found that sleeping in makes me weak and tired, I don't get ready for work, I am extremely lazy and I feel very unhealthy/bloated. This self pity needs to stop. I need to step it up.

So with that, here I go.

XO, Sandra

P.S. I am waiting on the MRI results. Please cross your fingers that there is no surgery in my future, maybe just some physical therapy. I have never broken a bone or sprained anything in my life. So this is killing me inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment