Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Crashing.

I can't lie. I am about an inch from getting a hot fudge brownie sundae, crying in the shower drinking wine and calling into work sick so I can watch Netflix all day. Yep. I have reached the bottom!

It is okay though. I am feeling better, sore as shit though, and the protein drinks are way too sweet for me. Salads taste good, until the girl next to me is eating pizza. My fruit is amazing, until the girl next to me is a eating a cheese stick. And if things couldn't get harder - free tacos. Need I say more??


I have a ton of homework for final projects coming due and man, I just want some chocolate! I keep thinking CJ won't know... but I know I will crack! I can't keep anything from him. So until our honeymoon, or until he gives into my grouchiness, I will eat this:


I do have another recipe for y'all. There are so many ways to make POTATOES. Yes, potatoes. The best food I can eat yet next to strawberries and steak! This way is my favorite.

Garlic Roasted Po-ta-toes.
Ingredients
- Any amount of potatoes you feel best (I used about 4, gives us some for dinner, lunch and usually some leftover).
- Oil of choice (I used avocado oil this time)
- Salt
- Pepper
- Garlic powder

Chop potatoes up into wedges or cubes, put into a large bowl. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle seasonings on (I used a ton because I love seasonings). Stir. Put into a glass 13x9 pan and bake at 400* for 30 to 40 minutes. Done.

You could also fry these on the stove-top with a little bit of oil. If you want fried potatoes, dice them up. If you want more like french fries, cut them like wedges. Just remember to soak them for 10 minutes in cold water if you go the stove-top route so they get soft.


Now that I have shared my miserableness for wanting SWEETS (Jillian, if you are reading this, please make some banana split cake...) and shared my awful recipe writing skills, I will now continue to study.

One month left before the end of the semester.

Assignment countdowns:
Class #1: focus group, analysis and whatever assignments follow.
Class #2: two discussion group posts and group final project.
Class #3: class facilitation next week, finalize and run a study, results summary presentation, final project presentation, draft paper, final paper..... yay! research papers. 

All of this would be so much easier if I enjoyed reading research studies as much as I enjoy conducting the research. Also, if anyone wants to gift me with a thesaurus to up my vocab game, my birthday is coming up (June). Not really, but seriously though. 

I hope everyone is having a fantastic week so far! Remember Mike, it's hump day!

XO, Sandra


P.S. Why doesn't anyone complain about ab day?? I can't roll over in bed with bruised abs. Give me leg day! At least it won't hurt when I crawl.



No comments:

Post a Comment