Monday, April 4, 2016

Meat Muffins

This morning I just wanted to sleep. However, at 5:11 a.m. I sucked it up and got ready for the gym. It wasn't too bad because I got to wear the best workout shirt ever.


Today was pure treadmill day. I started the 5K option and fast walked at 3.3. About .20 into it, I decided to run. As I increased the speed, the treadmill died. Uh, WAY TO RUIN MY RUNNING MODE. I sucked it up, hopped on another. Error. What?! Third try did the work! I did 2.76 miles in the 41m I had left before stretching. CJ commented on how much more I ran today than he has seen me do - improvement!

I made us eggs & bacon for breakfast. Said "have a great day" to the sweets, showered and laid back down. It was definitely the Monday blues. I however, decided that today I wouldn't let that happen. I got dressed, got ready and made it to work my usual 1 minute late.

Work didn't entirely kick my ass but it was a busier morning. I ate my 16oz of strawberries throughout the day and could barely choke down my salad. The dressing was terrible! It tasted too healthy. About 3 p.m. I made my protein coffee shake to get me going again.


This stuff is seriously delicious guys. It is a sweeter coffee and AMAZING. It isn't Whole30 but I am still under 800 calories for the day. For dinner I made sweet potatoes (CJ regular potatoes), asparagus (CJ carrots) and "meat muffins." The term meat muffins came from a girl at work. They are really meatloaf made in a cupcake pan. But depending on how you make them, meat muffins is a better term.

This recipe is SO easy y'all.

"MEAT MUFFINS"
Ingredients
1-1.5lb of ground turkey or (organic) beef
1 (organic) egg
1/4 cup of (gluten free) flour.
seasonings of your choice.

Sometimes I add chopped onions and peppers. Today I did both, except regular peppers I did sweet peppers. Such a great decision!!

Baking
Pre-heat oven to 425*. Grease cupcake pan. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Scoop into cupcake pan. Cook for approximately 25 to 35 minutes. Serve!


Super simple. I get all my meat at Costco, so if I do ground turkey it makes 12 meat muffins whereas the organic beef only makes 9. Either way, they are great portions and simply delicious.

Welp, now that it is 8 p.m. it is time to do some homework and then sneak off to bed early! 5:05 a.m. is going to come way too early.

XO, Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment